I’m Jacklyn and I’m a 21-year-old Canadian studying to become a Registered Dietitian. I go to school in Montreal but am often home in Ottawa visiting my family and boyfriend.
I started this blog because I get just a little bit excited about all things health but I also firmly believe that eating mediocre food for the sake of being healthy is a concept that is just plain sad and time to abolish.
My wish for myself and others is that we can spend life eating crazy delicious food that makes us thrive, moving our bodies so we feel strong, savouring the company of people who uplift us and doing our best not to sweat the little things.
A Few Things About Me:
- My favourite foods are cheesecake, avocado and Sunbutter. Not necessarily in that order.
- I get usually get dressed in the last 90 seconds before leaving the house. Pyjamas just understand me.
- I am always afraid of over-baking things and end up under-baking them. Like, all the time.
- I send my mom every blog post the night before it’s published for editing. She is the sweetest.
- Coffee shops are my happy place.
- People tell me that my blogging humour is different than my real-life humour. Sadly I’m pretty sure neither is particularly funny.
- I regularly spent time dreaming about living at Costco.
- I love what I’m studying and am so so excited to become a Registered Dietitian.
If you’re new around here, THANK YOU for stopping by! These are a few of my favourite and most popular posts:
What I Ate Wednesday: Loving My Body. But Like, Actually.
My Top 6 Tips for Being a Consistent Exerciser
What I Ate Wednesday: Just Because
An Ode to Overnight Oats + 2 Recipes
What I Ate Wednesday: My Struggle To Keep Up with The Joneses
My Go-To Circuit Workout
I would love to hear from you! If you want to get in touch:
I am SO glad you landed here and love sharing my little journey on this space. I can only hope that you get half as much joy reading it as I do writing it <3