I don’t feel the need to do much talking about this one. But I’ll just give you a few reasons that it’s the chocolate spread of my dreams:
– It takes about a minute and a half to prepare
– I almost always have all the ingredients on hand
– It’s a solid source of omega-3s
– It has that dangerously good ratio of salty and sweet
– Unlike Nutella, vegans and people with nut allergies can eat it up
It’s probably a good time to quickly declare my love of Sunbutter since it’s the base of this recipe. It’s a brand of sunflower seed butter that’s made in a peanut- and tree nut-free facility. As a former nut butter ADDICT, it’s been a godsend since I started dating someone with a nut allergy. And it is 10 on 10 delicious. But peanut or almond butter can be used in this recipe if nuts aren’t an issue for you!
1/4 cup Sunflower seed butter (can use almond or peanut butter)
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 tsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp sea salt
– Combine all ingredients in a small bowl or glass container
– Microwave in 10 second bursts until combined and smooth (usually 30 seconds for me)
– Alternatively, put into a small pot and stir often over low-medium heat until combined and smooth.
– Store in an air-tight container at room temperature.
Note: It gets a bit thicker as it cools because the coconut oil solidifies at room temperature. It remains spreadable but just pop it into the microwave quickly to thin it out before using if desired.